Open House has become a high profile annual cultural event that raises awareness of the value of good design in cities across the world. It has continued to grow internationally as more cities have joined this ever-growing family. We have developed a framework through which it is possible to replicate this major event and officially join the Open House family.
The 4 core principles followed and adhered to by each Open House city:
1. The Open House event should maintain the core values of the Open House concept: to foster appreciation, understanding and learning amongst your own communities along with the value of architectural excellence and showcasing outstanding design, including quality contemporary design.
2. Free entry to all buildings taking part in the Open House event is mandatory, and no mandatory charge to be made to building owners to participate.
3. A not-for-profit organisation or charity should organise/host the Open House event in each city, whilst also being independent from party political ties. The organisation will further need to be part of or involved within architecture or the built environment sector.
4. The primary aim of Open House is an architectural education event.
5. To be an urbanised city or equivalent.
If you are thinking of developing an Open House event in your city and would like to find out more information and the procedure of moving forward to become an Open House city, please fill out the editable PDF form below and send to Victoria Thornton
Click here for FAQ's on how to become an Open House City.
7 December 2012: Open House Lisbon shortlisted by TimeOut for Best Event of 2012!
21 November 2012: Thessaloniki opens it's doors to the city this weekend!
2 November 2012: Open House Thessaloniki launch new website